Alternate Title: The Mad ScientistSuperman (The Mad Scientist) (1941) - Superman Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 73 times this month, and 3277 times total.
- Superman Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Fleischer Studios.
- Distributed by: Paramount Studios.
- Cartoon Characters: Clark Kent/Superman, Lois Lane, Perry White, Mad Scientist.
- Voice Actors: Clayton "Bud" Collyer, Joan Alexander, Julian Noa, Jack Mercer.
- Directed By Dave Fleischer.
- Produced By Max Fleischer, Adolph Zukor.
- Animated By Steve Muffatti, Frank Endres.
- Written By Jay Morton, Seymour Kneitel, I. Sparber.
- Awards: Academy Award Nominee, Best Short Subject (Cartoon), 1942.
- Music: Sammy Timberg.
- Originally Released on September 26, 1941.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 10:22 minutes.
In this, the first Superman cartoon, we see how The Man Of Steel first came to Earth. After Krypton's tragic destruction, he was found by the side of the road in... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
This series originated the classic signature Superman lines, "Faster than a speeding bullet,...", and "Look, up in the sky, etc..." The Fleischers were reluctant to adapt the Superman comics to the... (more)
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Superman? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!