Kickin' The Conga RoundKickin' The Conga Round (1942) - Popeye the Sailor Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 32 times this month, and 1044 times total.
- Popeye the Sailor Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Fleischer Studios
- Distributed by: Paramount Studios
- Cartoon Characters: Popeye, Olive Oyl, Bluto, Shore Patrol, Bandleader.
- Voice Actors: Jack Mercer, Margie Hines, William Penell.
- Directed By Dave Fleischer.
- Produced By Max Fleischer, Adolph Zukor.
- Animated By Tom Johnson, George Germanetti.
- Written By Bill Turner, Ted Pierce.
- Originally Released on January 17, 1942.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:22 minutes.
- Black & White
Bluto and Popeye are on a ship in the Navy. It's time for shore leave in South America. In a cafe, Bluto muscles in on Popeye's girl, Olivia Oyla, but you can't fool me- it's really Olive Oyl. The bandleader might be a caricature of Xavier Cugat. After the waiter... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
This cartoon marks a change in appearance for Bluto, who begins wearing a white sailor suit. His belly also hangs out more. As "Olivia Oyla," Olive has a much darker complexion than usual. The original black and white cartoon has... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Kickin' The Conga Round" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Kickin' The Conga Round? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!