Prisoner's SongPrisoner's Song (1930) - Screen Songs Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 32 times this month, and 1007 times total.
- Screen Songs Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Fleischer Studios
- Distributed by: Paramount Studios
- Cartoon Characters: Prisoners, Guards.
- Voice Actors: Billy Murray, Walter Van Brunt, James Stanley.
- Directed By Dave Fleischer.
- Produced By Max Fleischer, Adolph Zukor.
- Music: Guy Massey.
- Originally Released on March 01, 1930.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Black & White
We hear a voiceover of a stickup, over an extended title card. Then it opens to prisoners on a rock pile, slowly making little ones out of big ones. A big guard with dog ears tries to get more work out of a sleepy mouse. The mouse's tear becomes the bouncing... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
This series of animated cartoons- sometimes including bits of live action- took popular songs of the day and combined the popular "bouncing ball" following the lyrics in an effort for audience singalongs.
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Prisoner's Song" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Prisoner's Song? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!