Put On Your Old Gray BonnetPut On Your Old Gray Bonnet (1929) - Screen Songs Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 13 times this month, and 1234 times total.
- Screen Songs Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Fleischer Studios
- Distributed by: Paramount Studios
- Cartoon Characters: Animal Quartet, Lion Violinist, Elderly Lady, Elderly Man.
- Voice Actors: Billy Murray, Walter Van Brunt, James Stanley.
- Directed By Dave Fleischer.
- Produced By Max Fleischer, Adolph Zukor.
- Music: Percy Wenrich, Stanley Murphy.
- Originally Released on November 22, 1929.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Production Number: FL2915
- Black & White
On a simple white background, an quartet of animals play flute, horn, banjo and violin. They are conducted by a fifth animal. The horn player switches to a mouth harp, and the bouncing ball begins. Later, a lion violinist dances, then "conducts" the words of... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
This series of animated cartoons- sometimes including bits of live action- took popular songs of the day and combined the popular "bouncing ball" following the lyrics in an effort for audience singalongs. Billy Murray recorded the title song in... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Put On Your Old Gray Bonnet" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Put On Your Old Gray Bonnet? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!