The Friendly GhostThe Friendly Ghost (1945) - Noveltoons Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 29 times this month, and 3507 times total.
- Noveltoons Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Famous Studios
- Distributed by: Paramount Studios
- Cartoon Characters: Casper, Bonnie, Johnny, Mother, Landlord.
- Voice Actors: Mae Questel, Norma Macmillan, Gwen Davies, Cecil Roy, Jackson Beck, Frank Gallop.
- Directed By I. Sparber.
- Animated By Nick Tafuri, John Walworth, Tom Golden.
- Written By Bill Turner, Otto Messmer, Joe Oriolo, Seymour Reit.
- Music: Winston Sharples.
- Originally Released on November 16, 1945.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 8:57 minutes.
- Production Number: 4514
Casper runs away from home and the other ghosts there to explore the world and make friends. After unintentionally scaring away several different animals, he decides to end it all by laying on the railroad tracks in front of a speeding locomotive. Failing that,... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
This Noveltoon introduced Casper the Friendly Ghost. Originally, Casper The Friendly Ghost was conceived as a children's storybook, written and illustrated by Joe Oriolo. He couldn't sell the idea to any children's book publisher, so he sold the story... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Friendly Ghost" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Friendly Ghost? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!