GoonlandGoonland (1938) - Popeye the Sailor Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 36 times this month, and 1898 times total.
- Popeye the Sailor Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Fleischer Studios
- Distributed by: Adolph Zukor
- Cartoon Characters: Popeye, Poopdeck Pappy, The Goons.
- Voice Actors: Jack Mercer, Mae Questel, William Penell, Charles Lawrence.
- Directed By Dave Fleischer.
- Produced By Max Fleischer.
- Animated By Seymour Kneitel, Abner Matthews.
- Originally Released on October 21, 1938.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 8:02 minutes.
- Black & White
Popeye is off to sea to try to locate the island where his long-lost father Poopdeck Pappy is imprisoned. He lands on Goonland, where a huge skull warns off human beings. He follows a Goon to a clearing where there are a large number of them, and where his pappy... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
The first appearance of Poopdeck Pappy, as well as the first animated appearance of Elzie Segar's Goons. This short did not contain a version of Popeye's famous spinach-eating sequence, at least not by Popeye; Pappy does the spinach in this one. One... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Goonland? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!