The Football Toucher DownerThe Football Toucher Downer (1937) - Popeye the Sailor Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 30 times this month, and 857 times total.
- Popeye the Sailor Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Fleischer Studios
- Distributed by: Adolph Zukor
- Cartoon Characters: Popeye, Young Olive Oyl, Young Bluto, Young J. Wellington Wimpy, Swee'pea.
- Voice Actors: Jack Mercer, Jackson Beck, Mae Questel.
- Directed By Dave Fleischer.
- Produced By Max Fleischer.
- Animated By Seymour Kneitel, Graham Place.
- Originally Released on October 15, 1937.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 6:27 minutes.
- Black & White
Popeye tries to get Swee'pea to eat his spinach, so he tells him a story about how spinach helped him win a football game when he was little.
Cartoon Production Information:
Jackson Beck is heard as the voice of Young Bluto. This is Beck's first appearance as Bluto; he would return to voice him in the mid-1940s and continue to do so for the remainder of the Famous... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Football Toucher Downer" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Football Toucher Downer? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!