You're A Sap, Mr. JapYou're A Sap, Mr. Jap (1942) - Popeye the Sailor Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 81 times this month, and 4331 times total.
- Popeye the Sailor Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Famous Studios
- Distributed by: Paramount Studios
- Cartoon Characters: Popeye, Olive Oyl, Japanese Sailors.
- Voice Actors: Jack Mercer, Margie Hines.
- Directed By Dan Gordon.
- Produced By Dan Gordon, Seymour Kneitel, Izzy Sparber, Sam Buchwald.
- Animated By Jim Tyer, George Germanetti.
- Written By Jim Tyer, Carl Meyer.
- Music: Winston Sharples, Sammy Timberg.
- Originally Released on August 07, 1942.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 6:57 minutes.
- Black & White
In what some critics have called the most racist cartoon ever made, Popeye single-handedly defeats a Japanese submarine manned by "slant-eyed, buck-toothed, yellow-skinned Japansies," as Popeye calls them. It's "V" for victory during World War II as the... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
The first cartoon from the newly organized Famous Studios. Fleischer Studios owed Paramount over $1 million from losses incurred in Gulliver's Travels and Mr. Bug Goes to Town, but it did not file for bankruptcy. Fleischer became Famous mainly due to... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "You're A Sap, Mr. Jap" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about You're A Sap, Mr. Jap? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!