Wood-Peckin'Wood-Peckin' (1943) - Popeye the Sailor Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 13 times this month, and 1236 times total.
- Popeye the Sailor Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Famous Studios
- Distributed by: Paramount Studios
- Cartoon Characters: Popeye, Woodpecker, Seagull.
- Voice Actors: Jack Mercer.
- Directed By Isadore Sparber.
- Produced By Dan Gordon, Seymour Kneitel, Izzy Sparber, Sam Buchwald.
- Animated By Nick Tafuri, Tom Golden.
- Written By Joe Stultz.
- Music: Winston Sharples.
- Originally Released on August 06, 1943.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:03 minutes.
- Production Number: 4312.
- Black & White
Popeye needs a tall tree to use for a mast on the boat that he's building. Unfortunately, the one he selects is inhabited by a wisecracking woodpecker who just happens to sound like Edward G. Robinson! The resident of the tree has a different opinion of this... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
This short was filmed in black and white, but later colorized by Ted Turner.
Popeye doesn't eat spinach in this short.
Sorry, we do not have a video of Wood-Peckin'. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Wood-Peckin'? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!