Too Weak To WorkToo Weak To Work (1943) - Popeye the Sailor Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 27 times this month, and 1570 times total.
- Popeye the Sailor Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Famous Studios
- Distributed by: Paramount Studios
- Cartoon Characters: Popeye, Bluto.
- Voice Actors: Jack Mercer, William Penell.
- Directed By Isadore IzzySparber.
- Produced By Dan Gordon, Seymour Kneitel, Izzy Sparber, Sam Buchwald.
- Animated By Jim Tyer, Abner Kneitel, Ben Solomon.
- Written By Joe Stultz.
- Music: Winston Sharples, Sammy Timberg.
- Originally Released on March 19, 1943.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 6:57 minutes.
- Black & White
Popeye scat-sings to the tune of "Spurs That Jingle Jangle Jingle" as he paints a boat. Meanwhile, work partner Bluto is loafing and fakes that he's dying so that he can get out of work. When Popeye visits him in the hospital and discovers that the big oaf is... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
This short was originally filmed in black and white, but later colorized by Ted Turner. This was Bluto's last black and white cartoon. Bluto will return in 1944's "We're On Our Way To Rio." Popeye doesn't eat his spinach in this cartoon, but he gives... (more)
Sorry, we do not have a video of Too Weak To Work. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Too Weak To Work? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!