Scrap The JapsScrap The Japs (1942) - Popeye the Sailor Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 16 times this month, and 1764 times total.
- Popeye the Sailor Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Famous Studios
- Distributed by: Paramount Studios
- Cartoon Characters: Popeye, Japanese Soldiers.
- Voice Actors: Jack Mercer.
- Directed By Seymour Kneitel.
- Produced By Dan Gordon, Seymour Kneitel, Izzy Sparber, Sam Buchwald.
- Animated By Tom Johnson, Ben Solomon.
- Written By Carl Meyer.
- Music: Winston Sharples.
- Originally Released on November 20, 1942.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 6:10 minutes.
- Production Number: 4206
- Black & White
For his negligence in jumping out of a plane without a parachute, Popeye is assigned extra work duty on his battleship. Soon, a Japanese bomber disguised as a cloud suddenly bombs... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
This short was filmed in black and white, but later colorized by Ted Turner.
Contains animation (themes, sequences or characters) which modern audiences may consider derogatory toward certain ethnic or religious groups.
Sorry, we do not have a video of Scrap The Japs. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Scrap The Japs? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!