Happy BirthdazeHappy Birthdaze (1943) - Popeye the Sailor Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 59 times this month, and 1572 times total.
- Popeye the Sailor Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Famous Studios
- Distributed by: Paramount Studios
- Cartoon Characters: Popeye, Olive Oyl, Shorty, Sailors, Downstairs Neighbor.
- Voice Actors: Jack Mercer, Margie Hines, Arnold Stang.
- Directed By Dan Gordon.
- Produced By Dan Gordon, Seymour Kneitel, Izzy Sparber, Sam Buchwald.
- Animated By Abner Kneitel, Graham Place.
- Written By Carl Meyer.
- Music: Winston Sharples, Sammy Timberg.
- Originally Released on July 16, 1943.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:56 minutes.
- Black & White
A V-mail truck is at the wharf next to a navy ship. On board, all the sailors are reading their mail, except one. Shorty keeps wanting to blow his brains out... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
First appearance of Shorty, who briefly resembles Bing Crosby in this cartoon. Originally, the ending has Popeye shooting Shorty, followed by the words, "The Bitter End" on screen. This is excised... (more)
Sorry, we do not have a video of Happy Birthdaze. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Happy Birthdaze? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!