The Book of Life
Alternate Title: Day Of The DeadThe Book of Life (Day Of The Dead) (2014) Theatrical Cartoon by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 4 times this month, and 4007 times total.
- Theatrical FilmTheatrical
- 3D CG Animation
- Reel FX, 20th Century Fox Animation
- Distributed by: 20th Century Fox
- Cartoon Characters: Manolo, Maria, Joaquin, The Candle Maker, La Muerte, Xibalba, Carlos Sanchez, Skeleton Luis, Manolo's Great-Grandfather, Mary Beth, Skeleton Carmen, Chato, Grandma, Carlos Sanchez, Adelita, La Muerte, General Posada, Old Woman, Father Domingo, Skeleton Jorge, Skeleton Carmelo, Sister Ana, Ignacio, Sanjay, Goth Kid, Young Maria, Scardelita, Pablo Rodriguez.
- Voice Actors: Diego Luna, Zoë Saldana, Channing Tatum, Ice Cube, Kate del Castillo, Ron Perlman, Héctor Elizondo, Danny Trejo; Full Voice Cast ...
- Directed By Jorge R. Gutierrez.
- Produced By Aaron Berger, Brad Booker, Carina Schulze, Guillermo del Toro, Aron Warner, Chuck Peil, Chris DiGiovanni, Greg Lyons, Geoffrey Stott; more Producers ...
- Written By Jorge R. Gutierrez, Doug Langdale.
- Awards: Winner, Annie Award, Outstanding Achievement, Character Design in an Animated Feature Production- Paul Sullivan, Sandra Equihua, Jorge R. Gutierrez, 2015.
- Music: Gustavo Santaolalla.
- Editor: Ahren Shaw.
- Originally Released on October 17, 2014.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
Manolo and Joaquin vie for the heart and the hand of Maria. The Gods of the underworld turn out, and two place a bet on which man Maria will favor. When one of the Gods sees the bet slipping away, he introduces a poisonous snake to turn the odds more in his... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
The film is an action-packed, fully CG-animated picture, with a Romeo and Juliet-style love story set against a Mexican "Day of the Dead" backdrop. It represents the first time in almost 20 years — since 1993's "Cronos" — that del Toro... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Book of Life" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Book of Life? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!