LumaajuuqLumaajuuq (2010) Theatrical Cartoon by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 28 times this month, and 348 times total.
- Theatrical ShortShort
- Inuit Broadcasting Corporation, National Film Board of Canada
- Distributed by: National Film Board of Canada
- Voice Actors: Rachelle White Wind.
- Directed By Alethea Arnaquq-Baril.
- Produced By Debbie Brisebois, Derek Mazur, Stephanie Scott.
- Animated By Alethea Arnaquq-Baril, Daniel Gies.
- Written By Alethea Arnaquq-Baril.
- Awards: Best Canadian Short Drama, Imagine Native Film + Media Arts Festival, Toronto, 2010, Best Aboriginal Award, Golden Sheaf Awards/Short Film and Video Festival, Yorkton, Saskatchewan, 2011.
- Originally Released in October of 2010 (Estimate).
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:36 minutes.
Lumaajuuq is a tragic and twisted story about the dangers of revenge. A cruel mother mistreats her son, feeding him dog meat and forcing him to sleep in the cold. A loon, who tells the boy that his mother blinded him, helps the child regain his eyesight. Then the... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Release date is that of screening at the Imagine Native Film + Media Arts Festival in Toronto.
Sorry, we do not have a video of Lumaajuuq. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Lumaajuuq? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!