Destination MoonDestination Moon (1950) Feature Length Theatrical Animated Film by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 36 times this month, and 774 times total.
- Feature Length Animated FilmFeature
- Puppet Animation
- George Pal Productions
- Distributed by: Eagle Lion Films
- Cartoon Characters: Woody Woodpecker.
Characters (Live-Action): Jim Barnes, Dr. Charles Cargraves, General Thayer, Joe Sweeney, Emily Cargraves, Factory Worker, Mr. La Porte, Knox Manning, Man, Off-Screen Narrator of Woody Woodpecker Cartoon, Brown, Businessmen at Meeting.
- Voice Actors: Grace Stafford, Irving Pichel.
Vocal Talent: John Archer, Warner Anderson, Tom Powers, Dick Wesson, Erin O'Brien-Moore; Full Voice Cast ...
- Directed By Irving Pichel, Harold Godsoe.
- Produced By George Pal, Walter Lantz.
- Animated By Fred Madison.
- Written By Rip Van Ronkel, Robert A. Heinlein, James O'Hanlon.
- Awards: Academy Award, Best Effects, Special Effects, George Pal Productions, 1951, Academy Award Nominee, Best Art Direction-Set Decoration, Color, Ernst Fegté and George Sawley, 1951; more Awards ...
- Music: Leith Stevens.
- Editor: Duke Goldstone.
- Originally Released on June 27, 1950.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 92 minutes.
- Black & White
A science-based fantasy about the first successful trip to the moon. After years of scientific endeavors, a ship ascends into the heavens. Once free of Earth's... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Live action with an animated training film produced by Walter Lantz (guest appearance by Woody Woodpecker). Irving Pichel, the film's director, narrated the animated sequence. This was the very first... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Destination Moon" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Destination Moon? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!