The Great Piggy Bank RobberyThe Great Piggy Bank Robbery (1946) - Looney Tunes Theatrical Cartoon Series by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 16 times this month, and 3930 times total.
- Looney Tunes Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Warner Bros. Cartoons, Inc.
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Daffy Duck, Sherlock Holmes, Mouse Man, Hammer Head, Double Header, Bat Man, Snake Eyes, Pussycat Puss, Wolf Man, Eraser Head, Flat Top, Pickle Puss, Eighty-Eight Teeth, Neon Noodle; Porky Pig (Cameo).
- Voice Actors: Mel Blanc.
- Directed By Robert Clampett.
- Produced By Edward Selzer.
- Animated By Rod Scribner, Manny Gould, J. C. Melendez, I. Ellis.
- Written By Warren Foster.
- Music: Carl W. Stalling.
- Originally Released on July 20, 1946.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:35 minutes.
- Production Number: M 4-15.
While reading his favorite comic book (Dick Tracy), Daffy accidentally knocks himself unconscious and dreams that he's "Duck Twacy, famous detective," trying to solve the case of the missing piggy banks. He even crosses paths with Sherlock Holmes! Porky Pig... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Though released as a Looney Tune, the production number indicates this was originally a Merrie Melody. New Looney Tunes theme music (which is much shorter) appears for the first time in this cartoon, and will be used until 1954. As Daffy's dream... (more)
Additional Cartoon Pictures:
Watch Cartoon Video:
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Great Piggy Bank Robbery? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!