The Isle Of Pingo PongoThe Isle Of Pingo Pongo (1938) - Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 60 times this month, and 3369 times total.
- Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- A Vitaphone Production
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Zulu Natives, Egghead, Mockingbird, Canary, Elephant, Gazelles, White Bear, Vacationing Eskimo.
- Voice Actors: Robert C. Bruce, The Sing Band.
- Directed By Tex Avery.
- Produced By Leon Schlesinger.
- Animated By Irven 'Irv' Spence.
- Written By George Manuel.
- Music: Carl W. Stalling.
- Originally Released on May 28, 1938. (more dates ...)
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 8:31 minutes.
A travelogue which gets in all the usual sight gags ("Sandwich Islands", "Canary Islands"), it turns downright mean-spirited when dealing with the natives. Ubangi-style lips are served as dinner plates, lips serve as trumpets. Fierce drummers do a riff on "She'll... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
The first of many Tex Avery Warner Bros. spot-gag-filled parodies of travelogues (particularly those of James A. Fitzpatrick). Bob Clampett said in an interview that he helped Tex Avery on the story, but took no credit for it. In 1968, United... (more)
Additional Cartoon Pictures:
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Isle Of Pingo Pongo" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Isle Of Pingo Pongo? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!