How People Got FireHow People Got Fire (2008) Theatrical Cartoon
This page has been viewed 5 times this month, and 240 times total.
- Theatrical ShortShort
- National Film Board of Canada
- Distributed by: National Film Board of Canada
- Cartoon Characters: Grandma Kay, Tish.
- Voice Actors: Louise Profeit-Leblanc, Jonnie-Lyn Kushniruk.
Cast: Mae Hume, Jonnie-Lyn Kushniruk, Amy Smarch; Full Voice Cast ...
- Directed By Daniel Janke, Paul Etherington.
- Produced By Svend-Erik Eriksen, Martin Rose, Rina Fraticelli.
- Animated By Christopher Auchter, Jay White.
- Written By Daniel Janke.
- Awards: TEUEIKAN Second Prize, First Peoples' Festival (Land InSights), Montréal, 2009.
Best Animation, Annual Dreamspeakers/International Aboriginal Cultural, Artistic and Film Festival, Edmonton, 2009.
- Music: Daniel Janke, Adele Armin, Igor Gefter, Rick Sacks, Jordy Walker.
- Editor: Andrew Connors.
- Originally Released in 2008 (Estimate).
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 16:02 minutes.
"How People Got Fire" centres on Grandma Kay (based on elder Kitty Smith) and the connection she forges with the village children through the oral tradition of their culture. Twelve-year-old Tish is one of those children - an introspective, talented girl who... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
"Comment les humains ont obtenu le feu (French)."
Sorry, we do not have a video of How People Got Fire. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about How People Got Fire? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!