Toy StoryToy Story (1995) Feature Length Theatrical Animated Film
This page has been viewed 57 times this month, and 8896 times total.
- Pixar Animation Studios, Walt Disney Studios
- Animated Characters: Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Mr. Potato Head, Slinky Dog, Rex, Hamm, Bo Peep, Andy, Sid.
- Awards: Academy Award Nominee, Best Original Song, "You've Got A Friend In Me" (Music and Lyrics: Randy Newman), 1996.
Academy Award Nominee, Best Writing: Screenplay- Written Directly for the Screen, Peter Docter, John Lasseter, Joe Ranft, Andrew Stanton, Joel Cohen, Alec Sokolow, Joss Whedon, 1996.
Academy Award Nominee, Best Music (Original Musical or Comedy Score), Randy Newman, 1996.
Golden Globe Award Nominee, Best Picture: Musical or Comedy, 1996.
Golden Globe Award Nominee, Best Original Song, "You've Got A Friend In Me" (Music and Lyrics: Randy Newman), 1996.
- Originally Released in 1995.
- Running Time: 81 minutes.
- Nov 15, 1995- Premiere at El Capitan, Los Angeles
- Nov 16, 1995- Premiere at Regency, San Francisco
- Nov 22, 1995- General Theatrical Release
- Feb 15, 1996- Berlin Film Festival
- Oct 29, 1996- VHS / Laser Disk Release
- Jan 11, 2000- Gold Classic Collection VHS
- Oct 2, 2009- 3D Theatrical Re-release
- Jan 22, 2010- 3D Theatrical Re-release, United Kingdom
- Feb 18, 2010- 3D Theatrical Re-release, Argentina
- Mar 23, 2010- Blu-Ray Disk
Cartoon Production Information:
Domestic box office receipts were $195 million.
- "You've Got a Friend in Me," Written and Produced by Randy Newman, Performed by Randy Newman and Lyle Lovett.
- "Strange Things," Written by Randy Newman, Performed by Randy Newman, Produced by Randy Newman.
- "I Will Go Sailing No More," Written by Randy Newman, Performed by Randy Newman, Produced by Randy Newman.
- "Hakuna Matata," Music by Elton John, Lyrics by Tim Rice.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you ahve any additional information about Toy Story? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!Report Errors / Submit Additional Information