Hittin' The Trail For Hallelujah LandHittin' The Trail For Hallelujah Land (1931) - Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 105 times this month, and 3514 times total.
- A Hugh Harman-Rudolf Ising Production, Vitaphone Pictures
- Animated Characters: Piggy, Fluffy, Uncle Tom, Villain, Skeletons, Alligator.
- Originally Released in 1931.
- Production Number: 5025
- Running Time: 6:55 minutes.
- Black & White
Cartoon Production Information:
This cartoon is one of those withheld from distribution, one of the so-called "Censored 11." (The "Eleven" are: Hittin' the Trail for Hallelujah Land (MM,1931), Sunday Go to Meetin' Time (MM, 1936), Clean Pastures (MM, 1937), Uncle Tom's Bungalow (MM, 1937), Jungle Jitters (1938), The Isle of Pingo Pongo (MM, 1938), All This and Rabbit Stew (MM, 1941), Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs (MM, 1943), Tin Pan Alley Cats (MM, 1943), Angel Puss (LT, 1944), and Goldilocks and the Jivin' Bears (MM, 1944)). More recently, when Ted Turner became owner of the library, he continued the ban, and refused to allow any of these cartoons to be shown or released on video. To date, these shorts have not been officially broadcast on television since 1968.
- Hittin' the Trail for Hallelujah Land," Music by Rube Bloom, Lyrics by Joe Young, Sung by Various Characters
- "De Camptown Races," Music by Stephen Foster; "Mysterious Mose," Music by Walter Doyle
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you ahve any additional information about Hittin' The Trail For Hallelujah Land? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!Report Errors / Submit Additional Information