Monty Python's The Meaning Of Life
Alternate Title: The Meaning of LifeMonty Python's The Meaning Of Life (The Meaning of Life) (1983) Feature Length Theatrical FilmFeature Length Theatrical Animated Film by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 73 times this month, and 841 times total.
- Celandine Films, The Monty Python Partnership, Universal Pictures
- Animated Characters: (Live Action): Chairman, Doctor, Harry Blackitt, Wymer, Hordern, General, Coles, Dr. Livingstone, Transvestite, Eric, Arthur Jarrett, Geoffrey, Tony Bennett, Dr. Spencer, Humphrey Williams, Sturridge, Ainsworth, Waiter, Eric's Assistant, Maître D', Grim Reaper, Window Washer, Walters, Middle of the Film Announcer, M'Lady Joeline, Mr. Brown, Howard Katzenberg, Gunther, Gaston, "Meaning of Life" Singer, Mr. Moore, Mrs. Blackitt, Watson, Blackitt, Atkinson, Perkins, Front End, Mrs. Hendy, Man in Pink, Noël Coward, Angela, Bert, Mum, Priest, Biggs, Sergeant, Man with Bendy Arms, Mrs. Brown, Mr. Creosote, Maria, Leaf Father, Fiona Portland-Smyth, Window Washer, Harry, Mr. Pycroft, Dad, Chaplain, Carter, Spadger, Regimental Sergeant Major, Pakenham-Walsh, Rear End, Female TV Presenter, Mr. Marvin Hendy, Governor, Leaf Son, Debbie Katzenberg, Beefeater Waitress, Wife of Guest #1, Leaf Mother, Leaf Daughter, Heaven Receptionist, Chadwick, Jeremy Portland-Smyth, Mrs. Williams, Groom, Wycliff, Troll Waiter, Mrs. Moore, Bride, Wife of Guest #2, Brown's Son, Diner Eating Howard the Fish, Topless Pursuer, Student Doctor, Restaurant Diner, Dancers, Fish, Guests, Victims, Nurses.
Characters (Live Action), Segment "The Crimson Permanent Assurance": Myrtle Devenish (Old Lady), Matt Frewer (Cornered Executive who Jumps), Sydney Arnold, Guy Bertrand, Andrew Bicknell, Ross Davidson, Tim Douglas, Eric Francis, Billy John, Russell Kilmister, Peter Mantle, Len Marten, Peter Merrill, Cameron Miller, Gareth Milne, Larry Noble, Paddy Ryan, Leslie Sarony, John Scott Martin, Eric Stovell, Wally Thomas, Jack Armstrong, Robert Carrick, Douglas Cooper, George Daly, Chick Fowles, Terry Grant, Robin Hewlett, Tommy Isley, Juba Kennerley, Tony Lang, John Murphy, Terry Rendell, Ronald Shilling, Albert Welch.
- Awards: Grand Prize of the Jury Terry Jones, Cannes Film Festival, 1983.
Nominee, Palme d'Or, Terry Jones, Cannes Film Festival, 1983.
Nominee, BAFTA Film Award Best Original Song, André Jacquemin, Dave Howman, Michael Palin and Terry Jones, For the Song "Every Sperm Is Sacred," 1984.
- Originally Released in 1983.
- Running Time: 107 minutes.
Cartoon Production Information:
Budgeted at an estimated $9 million, this film grossed $14.9 million in the United States.
Release date is for the United States; release in the United Kingdom was April 22, 1983.
- "The Meaning of Life," Lyrics by Eric Idle, Music by Eric Idle and John Du Prez.
- "Oh Lord Please Don't Burn Us," Lyrics by John Cleese and Graham Chapman, Music by Eric Idle and John Du Prez.
- "Every Sperm Is Sacred," Lyrics by Michael Palin and Terry Jones, Music by André Jacquemin and Dave Howman.
- "Galaxy Song," Lyrics by Eric Idle, Music by Eric Idle and John Du Prez.
- "Accountancy Shanty," Music and Lyrics by Eric Idle and John Du Prez.
- "Penis Song," Music and Lyrics by Eric Idle.
- "Christmas in Heaven," Lyrics by Terry Jones; Music by Eric Idle.
- "Toccata und Fuge in d-Moll, BWV 565," by Johann Sebastian Bach.
- "The Liberty Bell," Written by John Philip Sousa.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you ahve any additional information about Monty Python's The Meaning Of Life? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!Report Errors / Submit Additional Information