Merlin And The DragonsMerlin And The Dragons (2001) Season 1 Episode 139- Animated Tales of the World Cartoon Episode Guide by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 14 times this month, and 398 times total.
- Home Box Office, S4C
- Animated Characters: Merlin, Red Dragon, White Dragon, King.
- First Aired about 2001.
- Episode Number: 139
- Running Time: 30 minutes.
- Season: 1
Cartoon Production Information:
"Animated Tales of the World" was inspired by a simple idea: no nation is poor in stories, and we are all enriched by sharing them. In this series, village storytellers become global storytellers for all the children in the world. These indigenous tales and mythology form part of the heritage of each country, and each has been painstakingly crafted in a style of animation that reflects the spirit of its own culture.
The Welsh flag is called Y Ddraig Goch, or the Red Dragon. It prominently features a red dragon, standing on three feet, with a green and white background. While this flag was only given official status in Wales in 1959, the red dragon it displays has been a symbol long associated with this country. Legends, rumors and myths surround the origin of the red dragon. The tale of Merlin and the battle between the red and white dragons is among those most often told. Merlin has long been a popular figure of Wales' Arthurian legends.
- The Crown and the Sceptre (Arabia)
- The Chief and the Carpenter (Caribbean)
- The Shepherdess and the Chimney Sweep (Denmark)
- Cap O' Rushes (England)
- The Enchanted Lion (Germany)
- Edward Congeger (France)
- Persephone (Greece)
- The Two Brothers (Russia)
- Raven (American Indian)
- Three Golden Apples (Holland)
- King March (Wales)
- John Henry, Steel-Driving Man (U.S.A.)
Production companies include:
- Arab Radio and Television
- BBC Alba/BBC Scotland
- Channel 4 Television Corporation
- Comataidh Craolaidh Gaidhlig
- Danmarks Radio
- Discovery Kids
- Katholieke Radio Omroep (KRO)
- La Cinquième
- Pakistan Television Corporation (PTV)
- Radio Telefís Éireann (RTÉ)
- Right Angle
- SBS Independent
- School TV
- Sianel 4 Cymru (S4C)
- TV Ontario
- Tamuz Productions
- Tele-Français Ontario (TFO)
- Television Corporation of Singapore
- Telewizja Polska
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you ahve any additional information about Merlin And The Dragons? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!Report Errors / Submit Additional Information