The Loch Ness KelpieThe Loch Ness Kelpie (2001) Season 1 Episode 137- Animated Tales of the World Cartoon Episode Guide by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 21 times this month, and 322 times total.
- Home Box Office, S4C
- Animated Characters: Loch Ness Kelpie, Ewan, Mother, Sister.
- First Aired about 2001.
- Episode Number: 137
- Running Time: 30 minutes.
- Season: 1
Cartoon Production Information:
"Animated Tales of the World" was inspired by a simple idea: no nation is poor in stories, and we are all enriched by sharing them. In this series, village storytellers become global storytellers for all the children in the world. These indigenous tales and mythology form part of the heritage of each country, and each has been painstakingly crafted in a style of animation that reflects the spirit of its own culture.
Loch Ness is located in the Highlands of Scotland. It is about 23 miles in length with a depth of about 755 feet. Its great depth and murky water have made it the setting of many tales that have been told for hundreds of years. Many of these tales involve a kelpie, a shape-shifting spirit in Scottish mythology, who appears at the waterside disguised as a horse. Once mounted, the unsuspecting rider is whisked away to the bottom of the loch, never to be seen again.
- The Crown and the Sceptre (Arabia)
- The Chief and the Carpenter (Caribbean)
- The Shepherdess and the Chimney Sweep (Denmark)
- Cap O' Rushes (England)
- The Enchanted Lion (Germany)
- Edward Congeger (France)
- Persephone (Greece)
- The Two Brothers (Russia)
- Raven (American Indian)
- Three Golden Apples (Holland)
- King March (Wales)
- John Henry, Steel-Driving Man (U.S.A.)
Production companies include:
- Arab Radio and Television
- BBC Alba/BBC Scotland
- Channel 4 Television Corporation
- Comataidh Craolaidh Gaidhlig
- Danmarks Radio
- Discovery Kids
- Katholieke Radio Omroep (KRO)
- La Cinquième
- Pakistan Television Corporation (PTV)
- Radio Telefís Éireann (RTÉ)
- Right Angle
- SBS Independent
- School TV
- Sianel 4 Cymru (S4C)
- TV Ontario
- Tamuz Productions
- Tele-Français Ontario (TFO)
- Television Corporation of Singapore
- Telewizja Polska
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you ahve any additional information about The Loch Ness Kelpie? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!Report Errors / Submit Additional Information