Podna And Podni: A Story From PakistanPodna And Podni: A Story From Pakistan (2001) Season 1 Episode 106- Animated Tales of the World Cartoon Episode Guide by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 46 times this month, and 604 times total.
- Home Box Office, S4C
- Animated Characters: Podna, Podni, Kitten, Stream, Raja, Ant, Vizier, Cat, Tree.
- First Aired in 2001.
- Episode Number: 106
- Running Time: 30 minutes.
- Season: 1
Cartoon Production Information:
"Animated Tales of the World" was inspired by a simple idea: no nation is poor in stories, and we are all enriched by sharing them. In this series, village storytellers become global storytellers for all the children in the world. These indigenous tales and mythology form part of the heritage of each country, and each has been painstakingly crafted in a style of animation that reflects the spirit of its own culture.
The exchange of stories was once a great part of Pakistan's cultural heritage. In fact, the old section of the city of Peshawar was the location of the qissakhwani bazar, "the bazaar of storytellers." Because of its location on routes linking Central Asia with India, the Far East and the West, people from many cultures and traditions gathered to hear and exchange stories. Beast tales are a common form of folk literature from Southern Asia. In addition, many tales from Southern Asia are based on a theme of unconditional love. "Podna and Podni" brings these two elements together.
- The Crown and the Sceptre (Arabia)
- The Chief and the Carpenter (Caribbean)
- The Shepherdess and the Chimney Sweep (Denmark)
- Cap O' Rushes (England)
- The Enchanted Lion (Germany)
- Edward Congeger (France)
- Persephone (Greece)
- The Two Brothers (Russia)
- Raven (American Indian)
- Three Golden Apples (Holland)
- King March (Wales)
- John Henry, Steel-Driving Man (U.S.A.)
Production companies include:
- Arab Radio and Television
- BBC Alba/BBC Scotland
- Channel 4 Television Corporation
- Comataidh Craolaidh Gaidhlig
- Danmarks Radio
- Discovery Kids
- Katholieke Radio Omroep (KRO)
- La Cinquième
- Pakistan Television Corporation (PTV)
- Radio Telefís Éireann (RTÉ)
- Right Angle
- SBS Independent
- School TV
- Sianel 4 Cymru (S4C)
- TV Ontario
- Tamuz Productions
- Tele-Français Ontario (TFO)
- Television Corporation of Singapore
- Telewizja Polska
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you ahve any additional information about Podna And Podni: A Story From Pakistan? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!Report Errors / Submit Additional Information