A Story From Taiwan: Aunt TigerA Story From Taiwan: Aunt Tiger (2001) Season 1 Episode 101- Animated Tales of the World Cartoon Episode Guide by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 25 times this month, and 641 times total.
- Home Box Office, S4C
- Animated Characters: Tiger, Third Aunt, Mother, Cowherd, Baby, A-Mei, A-Xiang.
- First Aired in 2001.
- Episode Number: 101
- Running Time: 30 minutes.
- Season: 1
Cartoon Production Information:
"Animated Tales of the World" was inspired by a simple idea: no nation is poor in stories, and we are all enriched by sharing them. In this series, village storytellers become global storytellers for all the children in the world. These indigenous tales and mythology form part of the heritage of each country, and each has been painstakingly crafted in a style of animation that reflects the spirit of its own culture.
This story is a trickster tale from Taiwan in which a young girl successfully outwits a seemingly cunning tiger. This tale is related to similar tales told in mainland China. This is due, in part, to geographic proximity, as well as the similar cultures and cultural backgrounds in that region. Tigers are found throughout parts of Asia, and Asian folk literature reflects this.
- The Crown and the Sceptre (Arabia)
- The Chief and the Carpenter (Caribbean)
- The Shepherdess and the Chimney Sweep (Denmark)
- Cap O' Rushes (England)
- The Enchanted Lion (Germany)
- Edward Congeger (France)
- Persephone (Greece)
- The Two Brothers (Russia)
- Raven (American Indian)
- Three Golden Apples (Holland)
- King March (Wales)
- John Henry, Steel-Driving Man (U.S.A.)
Production companies include:
- Arab Radio and Television
- BBC Alba/BBC Scotland
- Channel 4 Television Corporation
- Comataidh Craolaidh Gaidhlig
- Danmarks Radio
- Discovery Kids
- Katholieke Radio Omroep (KRO)
- La Cinquième
- Pakistan Television Corporation (PTV)
- Radio Telefís Éireann (RTÉ)
- Right Angle
- SBS Independent
- School TV
- Sianel 4 Cymru (S4C)
- TV Ontario
- Tamuz Productions
- Tele-Français Ontario (TFO)
- Television Corporation of Singapore
- Telewizja Polska
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you ahve any additional information about A Story From Taiwan: Aunt Tiger? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!Report Errors / Submit Additional Information