Return To Oz
Alternate Title: OzReturn To Oz (Oz , The Adventures of the Devil in the Sky) (1985) Feature Length Theatrical Animated Film
This page has been viewed 44 times this month, and 3291 times total.
- BMI (No. 9) Ltd., Oz Productions Ltd., Silver Screen Partners II, Walt Disney Pictures
- Buena Vista Pictures Distribution
- Feature Length Theatrical Animated Film
- Cartoon Characters: Dorothy Gale, Dr. J.B. Worley, Nome King, Nurse Wilson, Princess Mombi, Aunt Em Blue, Uncle Henry Blue, Tik-Tok, Billina, Jack Pumpkinhead, Gump, Scarecrow, Cowardly Lion, Tin Man, Wheeler.
- Vocal Talent: Sean Barrett (Tik-Tok), Denise Bryer (Billina), Lyle Conway (Gump), Brian Henson (Jack Pumpkinhead).
Live Action: Dorothy, Dr. Worley, The Nome King, Nurse Wilson, Mombi, Aunt Em, Uncle Henry, Billina, Jack Pumpkinhead, Gump, Scarecrow, Cowardly Lion, Tin Man, Ozma, Mombi II, Mombi III, Lead Wheeler, Nome Messenger, Policeman, Polychrome, Munchkin, Cage Carrier, Tik-Toks, Wheelers.
- Directed By Walter Murch.
Assistant Directors: Ray Corbett, Michael Murray, Steve Lanning (uncredited), John Speer (uncredited).
Second Assistant Directors: Ian Hickinbotham, Kieron Phipps.
Second Unit Director: James Devis.
Assistant Director (Second Unit): Peter Waller.
Second Assistant Director (Second Unit): Waldo Roeg.
- Produced By Paul Maslansky.
Executive Producers: Gary Kurtz, Colin Michael Kitchens.
- Written By Walter Murch, Gill Dennis.
Novels "Ozma of Oz" and "The Land of Oz": L. Frank Baum.
- Edited By Leslie Hodgson.
Senior Assistant Editor: Kerry Kohler.
Assistant Editor: Daniel Farrell .
Second Editor: Peter Boita.
- Cinematography: Freddie Francis (uncredited), David Watkin.
- Camera Grips: Kenneth Atherfold, Jim Dawes.
- Still Photographers: Richard Blanshard, Barry Peake.
- Video Technicians: Bob Bridges (as Robert Bridges), Christopher Kenny.
- Assistant Camera: David Budd, Roger McDonald, Shane O'Neill.
- Camera Operators: Gordon Hayman, John Palmer, Ken Worringham.
- Gaffers: Maurice Gillett, Roy Larner.
- Best Boy: Ronnie Homewood.
- Director of Photography (Second Unit): James Devis.
- Camera Operator (Second Unit): James Devis.
- Clapper Loader (Second Unit): Simon Mills.
- Camera Equipment Provided By: Joe Dunton & Company.
- Electrician: Dean Kennedy (uncredited).
- Grip and Lighting Equipment: Lee Lighting (uncredited).
- Casting: Jane Feinberg, Mike Fenton, Susie Figgis, Marci Liroff.
- Production Design: Norman Reynolds.
- Supervising Art Director: Charles Bishop.
- Art Director: Fred Hole.
- Claymation Art Director: Barry Bruce.
- Assistant Art Director: Gavin Bocquet (uncredited).
- Storyboard Artists: Harley Jessup, Michael G. Ploog (as Mike Ploog), Denis Rich, Henry Selick.
- Scenic Artists: Ted Michell, Bob Walker.
- Illustrator: Michael G. Ploog (as Mike Ploog).
- Property Master: Peter Hancock..
- Locations Property Master: Philip McDonald.
- Prop Management: Tommy Ibbetson.
- Unit Props: Bruce Cheesman, Bill J. Coggon (as William Coggon), Ron Higgins, Robert Hill (as Rob Hill).
- Dipping Props: Alan Adams, Doug Purdie, Chris Sheehan (as Christopher Sheehan).
- Supervising Dressing Prop: Dave Midson (uncredited).
- Construction Manager: Bill Welch.
- Constructor Hods: Bill Beecham (as William Beecham), Kenneth Clarke, Peter Collins, Michael R. Driscoll (as Michael Driscoll), I.F. Lawrence, Bert Long (as Albert Long).
- Chief Draughtsman: Reg Bream.
- Draughtsman: Richard Holland.
- Production Buyer: David Lusby.
- Painter: Michael Finlay (uncredited).
- Plasterer: Jay Pales (uncredited).
- Set Decoration: Michael Ford.
- Costume Design: Raymond Hughes.
- Assistant Costume Designer: William McPhail.
- Wardrobe Supervisor: Paul Vachon.
- Wardrobe Assistants: Tony Allen (as Anthony Allen), Rosemary Lis (as Rosemary Worth), Hilary Watson.
- Makeup Supervisor: Robin Grantham.
- Makeup Artists: Magdalen Gaffney, Beryl Lerman.
- Mechanical Characters Hair Design: Stuart Artingstall.
- Hair Stylist: Patricia McDermott.
- Production Manager: Steve Lanning (as Stephen Lanning).
- Executive in Charge of Production: Bruce Sharman.
- Original Executive in Charge of Production: Thomas L. Wilhite (uncredited).
- Unit Manager: Philip Kohler (as Phil Kohler).
- Sound Editors: Martin Evans, Mike Hopkins, Peter Musgrave.
- Assistant Sound Editors: Geoff R. Brown, Tony Morris, Walter Nelson.
- Sound Re-Recording Mixer: Bill Rowe.
- Assistant Sound Re-Recording Mixers: Ray Merrin, Lionel Strutt.
- Re-Recording Facilities: Thorn EMI Elstree Studios.
- Production Sound: Bob Allen (as Robert Allen).
- Sound Crew: Tim Blackham, Martin Trevis.
- ADR Recording: Mayflower Recording.
- Senior Special Effects Technician: Brian Morrison.
- Special Effects Technicians: Peter Davey, Michael Dawson, Ken Gittens, Brian Lince, Ray Lovell, Frank Richardson (as B. Frank Richardson), David H. Watkins (as David Watkins).
- Special Effects Assistant: David Hunter (uncredited).
- Senior Effects Technicians: Trevor Neighbour, Barry Whitrod.
- Effects Technician: David Watson.
- Assistant Model Cameraman: Richard Craske.
- Art Department Models: George Djurkovic.
- Model and Process Effects Unit Camera Operators: Carl Frith, Robert Hill.
- Model Camera Operators: John Harris (as John H. Harris), David Worley.
- Effects Animator: Allen Gonzales.
- Matte Camera: Peter Hammond.
- Matte Camera Assistant: Tim McHugh.
- Optical Editorial Supervisor: Peter Krook.
- Assistant Optical Editor: Nick Moore.
- Matte Supervisor: Michael Lloyd.
- Director of Model and Process Unit-Visual Effects Consultant: Zoran Perisic.
- Matte Photography Consultant: Stanley W. Sayer (as Stanley Sayer).
- Matte Artists: Robert Scifo, Charles Stoneham.
- Additional Opticals: Peter Govey (uncredited), Carl Willat, Disney Efx, General Screen Enterprises, Oxford Scientific Films, Peerless Camera Company, Peter Govey Film Opticals, Rank Film Laboratories, Westbury Design & Optical.
- Model and Special Effects Supervisor: Ian Wingrove.
- Optical Camera Operator: Alan Church.
- Claymation Camera: Sam Longoria (uncredited).
- Motion Control Engineer: Sam Longoria (uncredited).
- Stunt Coordinator: Colin Skeaping.
- Stunt Arranger: Colin Skeaping.
- Stunts: Andy Bradford, Gareth Milne, Tip Tipping.
- Stunt Doubles (Fairuza Balk): Cheryl Brown, Alison Lynn, Nicola Roche, Sarah White.
- Claymation Producer: David Altschul.
- Claymation Director: Will Vinton.
- Claymation Artists: Douglas Aberle, Craig Bartlett, William Fiesterman, Tom Gasek, Joan C. Gratz, Mark Gustafson, Bruce McKean, Gary McRobert, Joanne Radmilovich.
- Claymation Technical Supervisor: Gary McRobert.
- Production Coordinator: Barbara Allen.
- Assistant Production Coordinator: Moyra Simpson.
- Mechanical Characters Senior Designer: Tim Rose.
- Mechanical Characters Designers: John Coppinger, Chris Eveleigh, Chris Ostwald, Richard Padbury, Nick Rayburn.
- Mechanical Characters Additional Design: Gary Frutkoff.
- Mechanical Characters Costume Design Supervisor: Lyle Conway.
- Mechanical Characters Fabric Design: Val Johnston, Lesja Liber, Cas Willing.
- Mechanical Characters Mechanical Design: H.W. Hamilton Smith, John Stephenson.
- Mechanical Characters Technicians: Derek Frampton, Colin Hurry, Roger Nichols, William Plant, Ian Rolph, Neal Scanlan.
- Mechanical Characters Patternmaker: Brian Archer.
- Mechanical Characters Supporting Plasterer: Paul Jiggins.
- Mechanical Characters Textile: Helen Lewis.
- Mechanical Characters Foam Latex Supervisor: Tom McLaughlin.
- Mechanical Characters Original Drawings: John R. Neill.
- Mechanical Characters General Assistant: David Sainty.
- Publicist: Alan Arnold.
- Publicity Assistant: Rebecca West.
- Captions Assistant (Publicity): Judy Britten.
- Secretary to Producer: Annie Britten.
- Executive Producer?s Secretary: Glynis Robertson.
- Secretary to Director: Sue Matthews.
- Assistant to Director: Francis Ford Coppola (uncredited).
- Assistant Accountants: Linda Gregory, Tony Miller (uncredited), Stefano Priori (uncredited), Michael Yell.
- Supporting Accountant: Sam Williams.
- Continuity: Sally Jones.
- Continuity (Second Unit): Doris Martin, Melinda Rees.
- Supporting Puppeteers: Sue Dacre (uncredited), Geoff Felix (uncredited), David Greenaway (uncredited), Swee Lim (uncredited).
- Animal Trainer: Michael Culling (as Mike Culling).
- First Process Engineer: Don Henry.
- Mime Movement Arranger: Pons Maar.
- Tutors: Mary Jo Macvey, Cathy McMahon.
- Supervisor (Disney Efx): Phil Meador (as Philip Meador).
- Title Designer: Richard Morrison.
- Unit Nurse: Aggie Murch (as Muriel Murch).
- Location Manager: Grania O'Shannon.
- Video Coordinator: Chris Warren (as Christopher Warren).
- Marketing Consultant: Craig Miller (uncredited).
- Preliminary Artwork: Maurice Sendak (uncredited).
- Special Thanks: George Lucas, Robert Watts.
- Matte Paintings: Disney Efx.
- Movie Studio: Elstree Film & Television Studios.
- Produced At: Thorn EMI Elstree Studios.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you ahve any additional information about Return To Oz? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!Report Errors / Submit Additional Information
This sequel to "The Wizard of Oz" adheres to author L. Frank Baum's wonderful fantasy novels as Dorothy returns to Oz, where she battles a powerful Gnome King and a vain witch. Helping her are a cute robot named Tik Tok, a gangly jack o' lantern and a... (more)