The Thing (Series)The Thing (Series) (1979) Cartoon Series by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 25 times this month, and 982 times total.
- The Thing Television Cartoon Series
- Hanna-Barbera Studios
- Cartoon Characters: Benjy Grimm/The Thing, Kelly, Betty, Ronald Radford, Spike, Stretch, Turkey, Dr. Harkness, Miss Twilly.
- Vocal Talent: Joe Baker (The Thing), Wayne Norton (Benjy Grimm), Noelle North (Kelly), Marilyn Schreffler (Betty, Miss Twilly), John Erwin (Ronald Radford), Art Metrano (Spike), Michael Sheehan (Turkey), John Stephenson (Dr. Harkness).
- Directed By Ray Patterson, Carl Urbano, Oscar Dufau, George Gordon.
- Produced By Art Scott, Alex Lovy.
Executive Producers: Joseph Barbera, William Hanna.
Creative Producer: Iwao Takamoto.
- Animated By Robert Alvarez, Frank Andrina, Colin Baker, Anne Marie Bardwell, Ed Barge, Bob Bemiller, Robert Bransford, James Brummett, Oliver Callahan, Roger Chiasson, John Conning, Daniel De La Vega, Elaine Despins, Joan Drake, Judith Ann Drake, Gail Finkeldei, Hugh Fraser, Al Gaivoto, Jeff Hall, Bob Hathcock, Fred Hellmich, Bill Hutten, Aundre Knutson, Teresa Loewy, Hicks Lokey, Tony Love, Mauro Maressa, Burt Medall, Tran Vu Minh, Ken Muse, Eduardo Olivares, Margaret Parkes, Lester Pegues Jr, Harry Rasmussen, Morey Reden, Joel Seibel, Leo Sullivan, Richard Trueblood, Robert Tyler, John Walker, Allen Wilzbach.
Animation Supervision: Bill Keil, Jay Sarbry, Ken Southworth, Bob Goe.
Assistant Animation Supervisor: Rick Leon.
- Written By Gene Ayres, Art Browne Jr, Buzz Dixon, Donald F. Glut, Len Janson, Dale Kirby, Glenn Leopold, Chuck Menville, Michael Reaves (as J. Michael Reaves), Jim Ryan.
- Edited By Gil Iverson.
Supervising Film Editor: Larry C. Cowan.
- Story Supervisor: Jim Ryan.
- Story Editor: Chuck Menville.
- Story Direction: Don Christensen, Jan Green.
- Recording Director: Art Scott.
- Graphics: Iraj Paran, Tom Wogatzke.
- Title Design: Don Sheppard.
- Design Supervisor: Bob Singer.
- Character Design: Don Morgan, Mike Sekowsky, Jack Kirby, Sandra Young.
- Layout Supervisor: Don Morgan.
- Key Layout: Mark Kirkland.
- Layout: Jim McLean, Kurt Anderson, T. Bird, Aaron Crippen, Bob Foster, Linda Harris, Mike Hodgson, Ray Jacobs, Allen Larson, Phil Ortiz, Glenn Schmitz, Dave Stevens.
- Background Supervisor: Al Gmuer.
- Backgrounds: Lorraine Andrina, Fernando Arce, Greg Battes, Dario Campanile, Gil DiCicco, Dennis Durrell, Martin Forte, Fla Ferreira, Bob Gentle, Bonnie Goodknight, Al Gmuer, Ann Guenther, Tom Hames, James Hegedus, Eric Heschong, Jim Hickey, Michael Humphries, Bill Proctor, Vivien Rhyan, Jeff Richards, Andy Phillipson, Cal Titus, Dennis Venizelos.
- Checking and Scene Planning: Cindy Smith.
- Xerography: Star Wirth.
- Ink and Paint Supervision: Alison Victory.
- Sound Direction: Richard Olson, Bill Getty.
- Camera: Jerry Mills, Ross Avery, Bob Berry, Allen Childs, Marc Debbaudt, Candy Edwards, Curt Hall, Mike Kane, Neil Viker, Roy Wade, Brandy Whittington, Jerry Whittington.
- Dubbing Supervisor: Pat Foley.
- Music Editor: Terry Moore.
- Effects Editors: Mark Mangini, Karla McGregor.
- Negative Consultant: William E. DeBoer.
- Production Manager: Jayne Barbera.
- Post Production Supervisor: Joed Eaton.
A HANNA-BARBERA PRODUCTION
© 1979 HANNA-BARBERA PRODUCTIONS, INC.
"The Shmoo" based on the character created by Al Capp.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you ahve any additional information about The Thing (Series)? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!Report Errors / Submit Additional Information
When trouble reared its ugly head—usually in the form of Yancey Street Gang members Spike, Stretch and Turkey— Benjy found a good place to hide and let his secret identity come out. By placing his two ring halves together and shouting, "Thing Ring, do your... (more)