English Title: Alakazam The GreatSaiyu-Ki (Alakazam The Great, Journey To The West) (1960) Feature Length Theatrical Animated Film
This page has been viewed 12 times this month, and 1138 times total.
- Tôei Dôga
- Toei Company Ltd.
- Feature Length Theatrical Animated Film
- Cartoon Characters: Wu Kong, Buddha, Tripitaka, Merlin, Pigze, Sandy, Princess Iron Fan.
English Version: King Alakazam, His Majesty King Amo, Queen Amas, Prince Amat, Emperor of Heaven, Sir Quigley Broken Bottom, Max Lulipopo, Hercules, DeeDee the Monkey.
- Vocal Talent: Frankie Avalon (Alakazam), Arnold Stang (Max Lulipopo), Dodie Stevens (DeeDee the Monkey), Jonathan Winters (Sir Quigley Broken Bottom), Sterling Holloway (Narrator), Jackie Joseph.
- Directed By Daisaku Shirakawa, Osamu Tezuka, Taiji Yabushita.
U.S. Version: Lee Kresel.
- Produced By Hiroshi Okawa.
U.S. Version: Lou Rusoff, Samuel Z. Arkoff, James H. Nicholson.
- Animated By Akira Daikuhara, Akira Daikuhara, Hideo Furusawa, Masao Kumagawa, Koichi Mori, Yasuji Mori, Yasuo Otsuka.
- Written By Osamu Tezuka, Keinosuke Uegusa.
U.S. Version: Lou Rusoff, Lee Kresel.
Based on the Novel "Hsi-yu chi" by: Ch'eng-En Wu.
- Edited By Salvatore Billitteri, Laurette Odney.
- Backgrounds: Kazuo Ozawa, Kimiko Saito, Eiko Sugimoto, Mataji Urata, Saburo Yoki.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you ahve any additional information about Saiyu-Ki? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!Report Errors / Submit Additional Information
A magical monkey and his ambitious adventures, from bullfight in the pit of a volcano to an epic battle with Hercules.