Yes, Virginia, There Is A Santa ClausYes, Virginia, There Is A Santa Claus (1974) Animated Cartoon Special
This page has been viewed 54 times this month, and 1575 times total.
- Animated TV Special
- Bill Melendez Productions, Burt Rosen Company, Wolper Productions
- TV Special
- Cartoon Characters: Santa Claus, Miss Taylor, Virginia O'Hanlon, Billy, Specs, Mary Lou, Arthur, Amy, Pee Wee, Officer Reilly, Sgt. Muldoon, Sam Shulman, Lee Fong, Papa, Mama, Tommy, Francis Church, Miss Pine, Little Girl.
- Vocal Talent: Jim Backus (Santa Claus/Narrator), Susan Silo (Miss Taylor), Courtney Lemmon (Virginia O'Hanlon), Billy Green [William E. Green] (Billy), Sean Manning (Specs), Tracey Belland (Mary Lou), Christopher Wong (Arthur), Vicky Ricketts (Amy), Jennifer Green (Pee Wee), Herb Armstrong (Officer Reilly), Arnold Moss (Sgt. Muldoon), Mort Green (Sam Shulman), Louis Nye (Lee Fong), Ken Sansom (Papa), Karen Smith (Mama), Peter Haas (Tommy), Sidney Miller (Francis Church), Dorothy Green (Miss Pine), Shelly Hines (Little Girl), Jimmy Osmond (Vocalist, Title Song).
- Directed By Bill Melendez.
- Produced By Lee Mendelson, Bill Melendez.
Executive Producer: Burt Rosen.
Associate Producer: Tom Keegan.
- Animated By Sam Jaimes, Don Lusk, Al Pabian, Bill Littlejohn, Bob Carlson.
Animation Designers: Bill Melendez, Evert Brown.
- Written By Mort Green.
- Edited By Chuck McCann, Roger Donley.
- Production Supervisor: Conrad Holzgang.
- Designed by: Evert Brown, Bernard Gruver, Ellie Bogardus.
- Animation Checking: Joanne Lansing.
- Painting: Adele Lenart, Marie Ardele, Brigitte Strother, Patricia Capozzi, Sheri Lonsdale, Chanora Poweris.
- Sound Mixer: Don Minkler.
- Production Coordinator: Carole Barnes.
- Production Assistants: Mary Lou Pine, Sandy Claxton.
Based on the true story of Virginia O'Hanlon as written and published by Elizabeth Press, a subsidiery of Phinmarc Books, Inc.
© MCMLXXIV Wolper Publications
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you ahve any additional information about Yes, Virginia, There Is A Santa Claus? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!Report Errors / Submit Additional Information
Eight-year-old Virginia O'Hanlon tries every source to prove that there really is a Santa Claus, including a letter to New York Sun editor Francis Church. Church's eloquent editorial reply in the Sun assures Virginia that her belief in Santa Claus is the soul of... (more)