Mother Goose Goes HollywoodMother Goose Goes Hollywood (1938) - Silly Symphonies Theatrical Cartoon Series by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 91 times this month, and 3223 times total.
- Walt Disney Studios
- RKO Radio Pictures, Inc.
- Silly Symphonies Theatrical Cartoon Series
- Cartoon Characters: Mother Goose, Katharine Hepburn/Little Bo Peep, Ned Sparks/The Jester, Hugh Herbert/Old King Cole; Harpo, Chico, Groucho Marx as the Fiddlers Three, W.C. Fields/Humpty Dumpty, Charlie McCarthy; Charles Laughton, Spencer Tracy, Freddie Bartholomew as The Three Men in a Tub, Stan Laurel/Simple Simon, Oliver Hardy/The Pieman, Edward G. Robinson, Greta Garbo/See Saw Margery Daw, Clark Gable, Fats Waller, Fred Astaire, George Arliss, Joe Penner, Joe E. Brown, Martha Raye, Stepin Fetchit, Rudy Vallee, Eddie Cantor/Little Jack Horner, Wallace Beery/Little Boy Blue; Cab Calloway and his Band as the Four and Twenty Blackbirds, Edna May Oliver, Mae West, ZaSu Pitts.
- Vocal Talent: Clarence Nash (Donald Duck [uncredited]), Sara Berner (Katharine Hepburn, Martha Raye, Greta Garbo [uncredited]), Tommy Bupp (Freddie Bartholomew [uncredited]), Pinto Colvig (Groucho Marx, Eddie Cantor, Spencer Tracy, Hugh Herbert, Ned Sparks, Joe Penner, Charles Laughton, W.C. Fields, Charlie McCarthy, Edward G. Robinson, Joe E. Brown, Oliver Hardy [uncredited]), Danny Webb (Fats Waller, Stepin Fetchit [uncredited]), The Four Blackbirds (Vocal Group [uncredited]).
- Directed By Wilfred Jackson (uncredited).
- Produced By Walt Disney.
- Animated By Ward Kimball, Izzy Klein, Grim Natwick, Bob Stokes, Jack Campbell, Don Patterson.
- Written By Dick Rickard.
- Caricature Design: T. Hee.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you ahve any additional information about Mother Goose Goes Hollywood? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!Report Errors / Submit Additional Information
From the opening scene where Mother Goose takes the place of the MGM lion, it's a trip through her famous rhymes with Hollywood stars taking the place of the storybook characters.