Return To OzReturn To Oz (1964) Animated Cartoon Special
This page has been viewed 16 times this month, and 3663 times total.
- Animated TV Special
- Rankin-Bass Productions, Videocraft International Production, Crawley Films
- TV Special
- Cartoon Characters: Dorothy Gale, Rusty the Tinman, Socrates the Strawman, Dandy Lion, the Wizard, Glinda, the Good Witch of the North, Wicked Witch of the West, Munchkins.
- Vocal Talent: Susan Conway (Dorothy), Larry D. Mann (Tin Man), Alfie Scopp (Straw Man), Carl Banis (Dandy Lion, Wizard), Peggi Loder (Glinda, Wicked Witch of the West), Susan Morse (Munchkins).
- Directed By F.R. Crawley, Thomas Glynn, Larry Roemer.
- Produced By Arthur Rankin Jr, Jules Bass.
- Animated By Barrie Nelson, Rod Willis, Bill Mason (as William Mason), Blake James, Don Stearn, Vic Atkinson, Milton Stein, George Ruble.
Assistant Animators: Jack White, Michael Pacey, Ganny Fripp, Margret Falconer, Norman Drew, Angelo Terricone, Ron Smith, George Germanetti.
- Written By Romeo Muller.
Based on the Original Novels By: L. Frank Baum.
- Background Artists: Bob Borg, Patrick Conison, Desmond Hennessy, Dennis Pike.
- Continuity Design: Howard Beckerman.
- Camera: Ron Hames, Gary Morgan, Bill Clark.
- Sound Recording Supervisor: Bernard Cowan.
- Recording Engineers: Phil Ramen, Peter Husto.
- Orchestrations: Kermit Levinsky, Maury Laws.
- Orchestra Conducted by: Edward Thomas.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Return To Oz? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!Report Errors / Submit Additional Information
This story takes up with Dorothy- still in possession of the shoes- as she clings to an apple tree during a tornado which takes her back to Oz. Socrates the Strawman, Rusty the Tinman and Dandy Lion have had their gifts destroyed by the restored Wicked Witch, who... (more)