Song Of The SouthSong Of The South (1946) Feature Length Theatrical Animated Film by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 196 times this month, and 9626 times total.
- Walt Disney Studios
- RKO Radio Pictures, Inc.
- Feature Length Theatrical Animated Film
- Cartoon Characters: Br'er Fox, Br'er Bear, Br'er Rabbit, Br'er Possum, Br'er Frog, Mr. Bluebird, Birds.
Live-Action Characters: Johnny, Sally, Uncle Remus, Ginny, Grandmother, Aunt Tempy, John, Toby, Maid, Mrs. Favers, The Favers Boys.
- Vocal Talent: Johnny Lee (Br'er Rabbit), James Baskett (Br'er Fox), Nicodemus Stewart (Br'er Bear), The DeCastro Sisters (Bird Voices [uncredited]).
Live-Action Cast: Bobby Driscoll (Johnny), Ruth Warrick (Sally), James Baskett (Uncle Remus), Luana Patten (Ginny), Lucile Watson (Grandmother), Hattie McDaniel (Aunt Tempy), Eric Rolf (John), Glenn Leedy (Toby), Anita Brown (Maid), Mary Field (Mrs. Favers), George Nokes (Favers Boy), Gene Holland (Favers Boy).
- Directed By Wilfred Jackson (Animation).
Live-Action Director: Harve Foster.
Assistant Director: William McGarry (uncredited).
- Produced By Walt Disney.
Associate Producer: Perce Pearce.
- Animated By Don Lusk, Harvey Toombs, Tom Massey, Ken O'Brien, Murray McClellan, Al Coe, Jack Campbell, Hal Ambro, Hal King, Cliff Norberg, Rudy Larriva.
Supervising Animators: Milt Kahl, Eric Larson, Ollie Johnston (as Oliver M. Johnston Jr)., Les Clark, Marc Davis, John Lounsbery.
Effects Animation: Josh Meador, George Rowley, Blaine Gibson, Brad Case.
- Written By Dalton Reymond.
Screenplay: Dalton Reymond, Morton Grant, Maurice Rapf.
Cartoon Story: Bill Peet, Ralph Wright, George Stallings.
Original Books Uncle Remus, Nights With Uncle Remus: Joel Chandler Harris.
- Edited By William M. Morgan.
- Cinematography: Gregg Toland.
- Technicolor Color Director: Natalie Kalmus.
- Technicolor Color Associate: Mitchell Kovaleski.
- Art Direction: Perry Ferguson.
- Cartoon Art Direction: Kenneth Anderson, Charles Philippi, Harold Doughty, Hugh Hennesy, Philip Barber.
- Background and Color Stylists: Mary Blair, Claude Coats.
- Backgrounds: Ralph Hulett, Brice Mack, Ray Huffine, Edgar Starr, Al Dempster.
- Art Treatment: Elmer Plummer.
- Set Decoration: Irving W. Sindler (uncredited).
- Costume Design: Mary Wills.
- Special Processes: Ub Iwerks.
- Sound Director: C.O. Slyfield.
- Sound Recording: Fred Lau, Harold Steck.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you ahve any additional information about Song Of The South? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!Report Errors / Submit Additional Information
In the post-Civil War South, Little Johnny is taken to his grandmother's plantation where he meets kindly Uncle Remus and is guided by his tall tales of Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox and Brer Bear. Johnny finds friendship with a local girl, Ginny Favers, but is bullied... (more)