The Great Rupert
Alternate Title: A Christmas WishThe Great Rupert (A Christmas Wish) (1950) Feature Length Theatrical Animated Film by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 24 times this month, and 772 times total.
- George Pal Productions
- Eagle-Lion Films
- Feature Length Theatrical Animated Film
- Cartoon Characters: Rupert the Squirrel.
Characters (Live Action): Mr. Louie Amendola, Rosalinda Amendola, Peter "Pete" Dingle, Mr. Frank Dingle, Mrs. Katie Dingle, Mrs. Amendola, Phil Davis, Joe Mahoney, Mulligan, Mr. Haggerty, Molineri, Police Lt. Saunders, Callahan, Mr. Taney, Eddie the Bartender, Passerby in Park, Dave the Mailman, Mr. Petrushka the Baker, Fireman, Puzzled Pedestrian, Fire Chief.
- Vocal Talent: Rupert (Himself the Squirrel).
Vocal Talent (Live Action): Jimmy Durante (Mr. Louie Amendola), Terry Moore (Rosalinda Amendola), Tom Drake (Peter "Pete" Dingle), Frank Orth (Mr. Frank Dingle), Sara Haden (Mrs. Katie Dingle), Queenie Smith (Mrs. Amendola), Chick Chandler (Phil Davis), Jimmy Conlin (Joe Mahoney), Hugh Sanders (Mulligan), Donald T. Beddoe (Mr. Haggerty), Candy Candido (Molineri), Clancy Cooper (Police Lt. Saunders), Harold Goodwin (Callahan), Frank Cady (Mr. Taney), Lester Dorr (Eddie the Bartender), Kenner G. Kemp (Passerby in Park), Frank Marlowe (Dave the Mailman), Torben Meyer (Mr. Petrushka the Baker), Ralph Montgomery (Fireman), Irving Pichel (Puzzled Pedestrian), Harry Strang (Fire Chief).
- Directed By Irving Pichel.
Assistant Director: Harold Godsoe.
- Produced By George Pal.
- Animated By George Pal, Fred Madison.
Supervising/Directing Animators: John S. Abbott, Fred Madison.
- Written By Laslo Vadnay.
Story: Ted Allen.
Additional Dialogue: James O'Hanlon, Harry Crane.
- Edited By Duke Goldstone.
- Production Design: Ernst Fegté.
- Set Decoration: Joseph Kish.
- Costume Stylist: Helen Rachmil.
- Makeup Artist: Harry Ray.
- Hair Stylist: Flora James.
- Script Supervisor: Giby Whitlock.
- Production Supervisor: Lewis J. Rachmil.
- Director of Photography: Lionel Lindon.
- Camera Operator: Lothrop B. Worth.
- Grip: B.P. Jacques.
- Gaffer: Stanley Williams.
- Still Photographer: Maurice Goldberg.
- Visual Effects Producer: Barry B. Sandrew.
- Sound: William Lynch.
- Music: Leith Stevens.
- Orchestrator: Clarence Wheeler.
- Technical Supervisor: John Abbott.
- Technician: Miles Pike.
- Animal Trainer: Curly Twiford.
Copyright MCMXLIX George Pal Productions Inc.
Legend Films, Inc.
Legend Films, Inc.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you ahve any additional information about The Great Rupert? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!Report Errors / Submit Additional Information
Sci-fi pioneer George Pal's first feature film. Starring Jimmy Durante in one of his most memorable screen performances, this is the heart-warming tale of a lovable trained squirrel, a puppet animated through Pal's Academy Award-winning Puppetoon technique, who... (more)